Past_Present_Future_Banner
Share |

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Rink Dimensions

It's a well known fact that I'm a long-suffering Toronto Maple Leafs fan. Having said that, one of the great things about being a Leafs fan is reading all of the Leafs-related blogs in the blogosphere.

Without a doubt, my favorite is Down Goes Brown. DGB says it all for Leafs Nation in his masthead.
Unapologetically nostalgic for the past. Brutally realistic about the present. Grudgingly optimistic about the future.
He is also bitingly sarcastic in most of his entries. His latest takes a shot (pun intended) at Colin Campbell and the kerfuffle over hits and head shots.

I especially like the "composite stick graveyard!"
NHL fans learned something new this week when Colin Campbell revealed the existence of a "hitting zone" behind the net where, apparently, headshots are legal.

This got me to wondering: what else don't we know about the NHL rink? So I dug into my old cartography library, and came up with this original map that lays it all out:
The map of an NHL rink

No comments:

Post a Comment