Past_Present_Future_Banner
Share |

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

A Nod to Tradition

If any of you out there were concerned that the first coach of the Nittany Lions hockey team would not care a bit about the Icers program, fear not.

By now, you have probably heard what Guy Gadowsky had to say about the history and tradition of the Icers at his introductory press conference on Monday.

Now, just two days later, Coach Gadowsky has penned an open letter to all Icers alumni. For all intents and purposes, the letter could be for all members of the Icers family.
Penn State Hockey Alumni,

Just a quick note to say hello and introduce myself to you. I hope I get the chance to meet every one of you on campus in the near future.

I also want you to know how excited I am to join your Icer family. I've now spent a few full days with JoeBa so I just can't help but be jacked up about the program you have created and where it's going. I also want you to know I will do my very best to keep alive the traditions and championship standards that you created here.
(I just found out recently that you have traditionally had one of the highest GPA's of any team at Penn State; what a great accolade and standard to set). I am totally committed to retaining the championship spirit and work ethic that is so obviously evident, as well as to "win with honor" which you have all already accomplished.

The transition to Division 1 will be challenging, and I hope that you will be patient with us early on in terms of wins and losses. However, know that we will be accountable from day one to uphold the great traditions and culture that you built.

As we recruit for Division I players please let me know if there is a great hockey player in your area with the academic credentials and character that you feel would fit with our program. And please come back to take a look at the plans for your new Pegula Ice Arena, say hi to everyone new and old in the Icer Family, and get caught up in the Penn State hockey spirit!

We are... Penn State!

Sincerely,
Guy Gadowsky
Head Coach
Penn State Men's Ice Hockey

No comments:

Post a Comment