Past_Present_Future_Banner
Share |

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The Life of Joe

If you've ever wondered what it's like to be Joe Battista, let me relate a little incident from this morning that might give you an idea.

The college hockey season may be over, but that means Joe's world is shifting into high (higher?) gear. Our man Joe was at the Frozen Four in St. Paul but this week is back in his new office at the Bryce Jordan Center.

I was working across the street at the Penn State All Sports Museum and called Joe's assistant Nancy Doyle to try and get a DVD of Mike Messner's fantastic video.

About a half hour later, I'm walking with Nancy from Joe's office to the Athletics Media offices and double-timing it the other way is our Associate Athletic Director for Ice Arena & Hockey Development.

No surprise that Joe's got his cell phone to his ear. He shrugs and gives me a half-wave to indicate there's no time to stop and chat. I return the shrug and wave, knowing full well that is his life in microcosm.

I suspect nothing will change - even after the new coaches are hired.

No comments:

Post a Comment