Past_Present_Future_Banner
Share |

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Talking Turkey With Tim

This line from Collegian writer Tony Barton following Saturday's 8-5 spanking by Robert Morris caught me by surprise.
Senior forward Tim O’Brien has a message for all the casual Penn State Icers fans whom watched the two-game split with Robert Morris (Pa.) this weekend.

“Look at special teams,” said a distraught O’Brien following Penn State’s 8-5 loss Saturday.

In the four years I've watched Tim play here at Penn State, I can honestly say that I've never seen him "distraught." I don't think I've even seen him nonplussed, perturbed, or aggravated.

Truth is, Tim has always appeared to be one of those guys that is bothered by nothing -- at least until today.

He, and the rest of the team, know that they dropped a big stinker on Saturday against a team they had manhandled at their barn a month ago.

A couple of the guys asked me if I thought the weekend could have cost them a spot in the national tournament - one wondered if some coaches would have enough of a bias against PSU to vote them out of a spot.

I don't think, given the lost weekend for #9 Oklahoma, #10 Oakland and #12 Iowa State, that the split with Bobby Mo will cost the Icers their spot at the dance, but as Scott Balboni told the Collegian's Greg Garcia:
“We will have to wait and see now, but we have to get better before we get there.”

Finally, today - get well soon wishes to Webmaster and PA Announcer extraordinaire Rodney Martin. The Rodman had some outpatient surgery today, but will be on crutches for a few weeks. Since there's no injured reserve list for PA announcers, I suspect Rodney will be in his usual spot when the Icers wrap up the regular season two weekends from now.

No comments:

Post a Comment