Past_Present_Future_Banner
Share |

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Oops!

The NHL Network last year ran a series called "Voices", which featured profiles of the NHL's broadcasters.  There was a moment in the episode featuring Toronto Maple Leafs play-by-player Joe Bowen that rings true with yours truly.

Joe likened calling a game to a high school physics exam.  To paraphrase, he said, "An hour after the game I've forgotten everything about it."  I know exactly what he means.

Back on Monday, I wrote this about a turning point in the game:
Sometimes, the "hockey gods" just don't smile on you.  Had Michael's (McDonagh) wrister found the back of the net instead of the pipe. the score would have been 4-3 OU and the outcome of the game and the weekend might have been different.

Physics was not one of my favorite classes back at Agincourt High. After getting a chance to take a look at the game video on UStream, I need to set the record straight.

Michael's shot off the pipe occurred 1:20 into the third period, with Ohio on top 2-1.

Needless to say, had his shot been about two inches to the right, the outcome of the game and the weekend could have been different.

At least I was right when I wrote that sometimes the hockey gods don't smile on you!



For those of you who didn't not see Saturday's game, I put up a photo of our "broadcast booth" at the Bird Arena.

It's not easy to get to and it's a little shaky, but I still maintain it's the best view in the place!

No comments:

Post a Comment