Past_Present_Future_Banner
Share |

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Week in Review

It has been a busy week for the members of the Penn State Icers. Not only have they been hard at work on the ice and in the classroom, they were also helping to look after their fellow students.

Coach Guy and the team delivered pizzas to Paternoville last week. In addition to feeding the masses who braved the miserable weather to camp out at Beaver Stadium, they also got the kids exercising by playing a little ball hockey.

Unfortunately, I don't have any visual evidence of their efforts, but the word is it was a hit with the students.

One of the changes this season is the team's practice time. They're on the ice in the middle of the afternoon, making it tough at times for me to get to the sessions.

Today was one of the occasions, although I was able to catch the last few minutes. I have to say that I liked what I saw. It looks like the team is quickly becoming a cohesive unit - just one week after the roster was set.

Coach G. and defenseman Nate Jensen spoke to me after practice about the on and off ice week.



No comments:

Post a Comment