Past_Present_Future_Banner
Share |

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Twas the Week Before Christmas...

Icers PA announcer Rodney Martin brought his video camera to the arena last week and caught up with some of the Icers players to get their thoughts about Christmas and the holiday season.

His question about their favorite Christmas/Hanukkah gift got me thinking about my favorite as a kid growing up in Toronto.

That's a no-brainer.  Every year, my uncle would bring my brother Rick and me a new hockey stick, puck and roll of tape.  And not just any stick -- it was either a Hespeler Green Flash or a Hespeler Mic Mac.

The new piece of lumber meant that we could use last season's stick for road hockey, relegating the road hockey stick with the well-worn blade to the scrap heap.  

You see, unlike today's composite twigs, those hickory or ash sticks would last forever.  Wonder why I always say "That wouldn't happen if he used a wood stick"?

Enjoy the holiday video, as well as the look at Barb and I at work at URI. Thanks to team videographer Vince Chandler for the video.



No comments:

Post a Comment