Past_Present_Future_Banner
Share |

Monday, February 15, 2010

We're off and Running!

Well now, that wasn't so bad! Thanks to everyone for the positive feedback following our first video webcast on Saturday. I suppose it helped that the Icers beat Drexel 5-1 in another chippy contest.

Not much to say about the game. Bill Downey summed it up in the post game interview. The coaches just wanted to escape without injuries or suspensions.

As for the webcast, we had a hiccup right off the bat when I attempted to start the broadcast and record it at the same time. If you were tuned in, you probably heard a nasty audio loop when the opening theme was playing.

Once I shut down the broadcast and restarted it the audio was fine. Now, I've got the rest of the week to figure out how to solve the issue. Obviously, I'm disappointed that we don't have our inaugural effort in the archive.

The "Executive Producer" did a great job, not only manning (womaning?) the camera, but also running the software while I was on camera. Thanks, Hon!

I expect we'll have some improvements this weekend when the guys try to defend their ESCHL championship at the Rust Arena in Newark.

Rodney Martin and I have been coming up with ideas to really make our webcast as close to a TV broadcast as possible. Obviously, that will have to wait until next season.

I think that it's safe to say that we have champagne ideas on a beer budget, so we're going to have to come up with some funding ideas as well!

We may never come close to Hockey Night in Canada, but I can guarantee you that you're never going to see something like this on our webcast:



How'd that work out for you, Sparky? According to the New York Post, not so well.


No comments:

Post a Comment