Past_Present_Future_Banner
Share |

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Training Camp - Old School!

JoeBa sent me an email a couple of days ago with an interesting attachment that gives an insight into how hockey training has changed since the days of the Original Six.

The letter from Maple Leafs coach and GM Punch Imlach to Jim Pappin outlines a "rigorous" training camp regimen. I'm sure today's players are rather envious!

As Joe wrote: "The Leafs just need to simplify!!" Has Ron Wilson seen this??


Leafs

Barbara and I are off to Toronto on Wednesday to spend Christmas with my family. Then we'll be hustling to Pittsburgh on Sunday to take in the Leafs and Pens at the Mellon, thanks to the generosity of one of the Icers' family!

On behalf of my executive producer, I wish all of you a very Merry Christmas.




No comments:

Post a Comment