Past_Present_Future_Banner
Share |

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Turkey Day Musings

Doing a little web surfing this morning before putting the bird in the oven. OK -- since it's just Barb and I, it's only a turkey breast. Hmm, that means fewer leftovers!

Speaking of turkeys, JoeBa sends his T-day greetings from "da 'Burg." In case you did not know, Joe pens a weekly online column. He might have a future as an author.

Just to clarify, I don't mean Joe's a turkey, but his choice of a Thanksgiving meal sure is:

Iron City, Isaly's chipped ham, and pierogi.

Yum, yum!




Somehow, I picture Pepto Bismol for dessert instead of pumpkin pie!

While checking out the fan forum at US College Hockey Online, I found this quote attributed to recently-retired Brendan Shanahan.

Brendan's a good Toronto boy who had a bit of a career in the NHL, but I just couldn't bring myself to posting a picture of Shanny hoisting the Stanley Cup in a Detroit uniform!

Is ice hockey hard? I don't know, you tell me. We need to have the strength and power of a football player, the stamina of a marathon runner, and the concentration of a brain surgeon. But we need to put all this together while moving at high speeds on a cold and slippery surface while 5 other guys use clubs to try and kill us, oh yeah did I mention that this whole time we're standing on blades 1/8 of an inch thick? Is ice hockey hard? I don't know, you tell me. Next question.

Next stop -- the Hall of Fame.


Eight hours on the road to Manchester tomorrow. I'm looking forward to seeing how the guys stack up against the competition this weekend.

UPDATE: Just spotted this from Chris Lerch at USCHO:

PAL Stovepipe Tournament
When: November 28 & 29
Who: Southern New Hampshire (host), Stonehill, UMass-Boston, Penn State
Outlook: Club powerhouse Penn State adds a nice twist to this tournament. I’m picking Mass-Boston to beat the Nittany Lions in the finals.

No comments:

Post a Comment